Visit the Caves du Louvre to discover the history and making of French wine! This fascinating insight into the world of France's most famous export takes you from its lovely French vineyards beginnings to the global success it is today.
This visit takes place right by the Louvre, in stunning 18th-century wine cellars that were once used by the King of France himself. Your guide will take you through the various steps of the winemaking process, from the grape to the bottle. The experience is highly interactive, educational, and fun. If you thought that learning about wine was difficult, we are sure you will have changed your mind by the end of the visit.
Along the way, you’ll learn fascinating stories, eye-opening anecdotes and fun facts behind this enchanting craft from a bilingual guide.
During the visit, you will taste 3 different wines and at the end of the tour, you will also have the opportunity to get a personalised bottle of French wine as a unique souvenir from Paris. Option to be selected upon booking with us.
Museum location central Paris near the Louvre.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday at 14.30, 15.00, 16.00, 16.30 and 17.30
- Wednesday and Friday at 14.30, 15.00, 16.00 and 16.30
- Saturday at 14.30 and 16.00
- Sunday at 15.00 and 16.30
Exceptions on 25th December, 1st January, 1st May and special events.
Duration: Approx. 1 hour.
We advise to regularly check latest informations in regards to the measures put in place by the supplier to insure your security before your visit. Special measures may apply at short notice so it’s important to keep up-to-date.
- Visit of the wine cellar of the king of France
- 3 tastings of French wines
- Free App 'Wine in Paris' (available in 8 languages) downloadable upon arrival
- Games, information, videos, and quizzes
- A French wine encyclopaedia
- Guided tour
- Introduction to the different aromas of wine
- Learn about the different French grapes and wine regions
Possible additions to your experience (upon booking)
- Upgrade to premium wine tasting
- Customised Bottle of wine
NB: This service is on request. Once we receive your chosen date, we will check availability then call you to confirm the booking and take payment. You will then be sent a voucher by email with your reservation number. All required information will be indicated on the voucher.